Friday, February 15, 2013

Dish 21 Gift Wrapped Cake

Oh boy am I behind on the recipe list.  I made this one before Christmas.  It probably only semi counts because it's a cake (and let's face it, I've made cake many times), but it's more the decorating that makes this one "new."  You make a square cake (okay so I usually make rectangular cakes so that's a little different), then you frost it, decorate it with M&Ms, and then put something on it to look like a bow.  The recipe asked for ribbon candy or something like that, which looked like ribbon, but since I didn't have any of that, I just bought and used Twizzlers.  I made this again a couple of weeks later and remembered to take a picture then.  It was cuter the first time because I used red and green M&Ms, but this time I didn't have enough green left so I had to use all red.