Saturday, February 16, 2013

Confessions of a Chocoholic Day 2

I'm a little embarrassesd to admit this, but I have no idea why Easter falls when it does.  Christmas is always Dec. 25th, Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday in November, Valentine's Day is always Feb. 14th, St Pat's Feb. 17th, I could keep going, but I think you get the point, well, one more...even Election Day is always the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November (in other words it can never be Nov. 1st).  So how does Easter work?  Why it is in mid March some years and late April others?  Actually, I think Hanukkah changes dates and I'm not sure why for that one either, but moving on to my point.  This year Valentine's Day fell during Lent.  At my job, Valentine's Day means lots of treats.  And many of those treats contain chocolate.  But be proud, people, I did not have any!  I even scraped the M&Ms off the small Rice Kripie treat I ate so as not to consume any chocolate.  In retrospect, it's probably for the best that I am giving up chocolate because I ate well over my recommended calories BEFORE dinner.  Anyway, first thing this morning someone brought me a box of chocolates. (They are now in my freezer).  Later on, someone tried to give me one of those pretzels with an M&Ms on top.  I really wanted one, but I passed.  When I got home, I found out someone else had given me two of those (they are in the freezer too) as are several other chocolates I received on Valentine's Day.  Fortunately or unfortunately, the cupcake I received contained NO chocolate as did the sugar cookie I received.  And let's not even discuss the large quantities of crackers and cheese I ate.  (Some of the crackers were whole wheat and I ate a lot of strawberries too, at least those are healthy.)  So as hard as it was to NOT eat the chocolate I guess it might before the best, otherwise I'd probably be 1000s of calories above my goal instead of a couple hundred.  :(  Let's see if my will power lasts at The Cheesecake Factory this weekend. Here's hoping...

No comments: