Monday, March 3, 2014

A Blog NOT about Food for a Change

So I'll give you a break from food for a post or two and move back to wedding stuff.  I had my first fitting on Saturday.  The store was BUSY.  Apparently, not only are a lot of people shopping for wedding gowns at this time of year, but they are also shopping for prom dresses.  I'm impressed people are getting prom dresses this early.  I did not buy either of my prom (junior or senior) dresses until April or May. Of course we also had our prom later than a lot of schools.  Anyway, at the rate things are going the alterations will cost more than the dress.  I got a good deal on the dress so that's part of the reason the alterations seemed so high.  I needed a bustle put on (fairly standard for most dresses I believe and that wasn't too expensive) and the straps were a little big so it wasn't much to fix those, but a hem is $175.  Yikes!  But I was NOT wearing 3-4 inch heels.  Not happening.  If I did I'd be taller than my other half and he wasn't thrilled about that.  I don't blame him. Plus I don't know how to walk in heels that high.  I don't want to fall down the aisle.  I'm klutzy enough as it is.  So that took care of fitting one.  Fitting two is in another couple of months.  If I lose weight I may need to have it taken in, which would be nice.  On the other hand, if I don't lose weight, I could save some money and not need it taken in ha ha.  Since the fitting was coming up, I went and got shoes a few weeks ago.  I won't say where I got them, but let's just say the store was BUSY (and it was a week night) and finding shoes was not an easy task.  The shoe piles were a "bit" disorganized.  But I found some.  I also got a swatch recently to send to the florist (a.k.a. my fiancé's uncle).  I have no idea what I want for flowers so my (helpful, kind) friend Megan sent me some pics.  I also found one in a magazine so we'll see what he comes up with.  I'm glad I have helpful friends.  :-)  So that's the latest in wedding land.  Have a good one!    

1 comment:

Natalie said...

This post makes me really, really excited! It is going to go by so fast. It's March already and the next 4 months are going to FLY.

I have a possible dress to wear to the rehearsal dinner, but I'm afraid it might be too short. I don't want to be that woman. I do not have a dress for the wedding yet. It'll be exciting when I start looking!