Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pedometers and Rings

Have you ever forgotten to wear something and just felt weird without it?  Or kept thinking you lost it?  I remember one day ages ago I forgot to wear my watch and I always wear a watch.  Somehow I just didn't put it on that day and I kept going to check the time and ooh, nothing there.  It drove me crazy!  Well, for the past couple of years I have worn a pedometer.  In fact I even keep a back up in case one breaks--I buy the cheap ones so that happens every now and again.  Well, the other day my pedometer died and so did the back up one!  So now I keep thinking I lost it. I'll go to sit down and be like omg, what did I do with my pedometer now?  It's going to be a long few days 'til I get a new one. On a similar note, my fiancé and I went to look at wedding bands the other day and found one.  The jeweler needed to keep my engagement ring for a few days so he could fit the shape properly.  That's fine and dandy, but again after wearing the ring for so long I felt weird without it.  For years, I did not wear a ring on that finger so you'd think it'd feel perfectly normal, but no.  The first day I panicked at one point and really thought I lost my ring.  After that, I just felt weird without it.  But then of course I started to wonder if I would get used to it after a couple of days and then feel weird to wear it again.  On a slightly unrelated note, I wondered if anyone would notice I didn't wear a ring--they didn't and we had a joke response planned.  The same day we picked out the rings was also the day we had to take our church test so we were going to tell everyone that the test didn't go so well so I gave the ring back.  We don't get our results for a while, but my dear sweet fiancé told me he misunderstood one of the questions (in his defense there were some double negatives on there, which my English professors would not have approved of) and so for a question about partner's drug use he put unsure instead of disagree (he thought it was does not apply).  UGH!  Of course everyone else finds this hilarious though his mother was a little mad at him (not really, mad, she did find it funny too, but she did give him the look).  So now we're all worried that they're going to think someone in the relationship has a drug problem instead of just a reading comprehension problem.  :-p  I wanted to try to end this post with a double negative, but it's not been a short day so I don't know if I can successfully do that.  Have a good one! (Or should I say don't have a bad one).        

No comments: