Sunday, March 23, 2014

St. Pat's Party Part 2

I don't have a ton to report about the family St. Patrick's Day party.  In addition to most of the food from the previous party (minus trifle and jalepeno poppers) I also made Irish broccoli cheese pie, Irish egg and potato salad and THREE people brought soda bread.  So that plus the loaf I made meant we had FOUR loaves of soda bread for nine people (two people got sick and didn't make it and one person didn't come, but still four loaves would have been a lot for 12 people too!).  Two people took their loaves home and I brought one and a half to work the next day.  People did eat, but I sure had a lot of leftovers.  Thankfully, my co-workers ate some of the sweets.  I ate soup all week and although the soup is good, I was sure glad to be done with it on Thursday.  The rainbow was mostly eaten, but what little remained became a delicious fruit salad.  And in case you're wondering, yes, I did cheat as planned and sample some of the chocolate treats at the St. Pat's party.  But be proud because Thursday night at work there were LOTS of chocolate treats at our evening meeting and I did not have one (I did however, try a  non-chocolate apple cupcake--yum!)  Back on track this week.  BTW if you want any St. Patrick's Day punch, I have one and a half pitchers left so come on over.  :) 

No comments: