Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Weekend of Wedding Stuff and Food

I've been trying to think of non-wedding and non-food topics to blog about, but since nearly the entire weekend involved food and wedding stuff, apparently, now is not a good time to try to come up with new blog topics.  I'll start with food and do wedding stuff later in the week.  So I was successful with no chocolate on Weds, Thurs, Fri, and Sat.  Today was one of my two cheat days (the wedding food tasting).  I even said no, when my BOSS offered me a Samoas cookie (which by the way I love).  I told her I'd given up chocolate for Lent so she tried to give me a shortbread cookie, but thankfully, I don't like those so no cookies for me.  Go me!  I was at an engaged couple seminar all day yesterday and they had banana bread, that looked fabulous, but sadly, I passed on that too thanks to the chocolate chips.  Thankfully, there was also some delicious pumpkin bread and zucchini bread that I could choose from.  And yes, today was my cheat day, but I didn't cheat too much.  I had one cookie that contained chocolate and one other dessert had a tiny bit of chocolate in it.  So there may be one more cheat at the St. Pat's party, but then I did not allow myself any more cheats.  I'm slightly concerned that I seem to be loading up on pita chips, and yes, you guessed it, hummus, since giving up the chocolate.  I guess there are worse things I could be eating, but let's just hope my sodium levels don't skyrocket.  Okay, that's enough babbling about food.  I'm really going to have to start thinking or else after the wedding, I'll have nothing to blog about besides food and I'm sure you all can only take so many food blogs.   

No comments: