Saturday, March 8, 2014

Bye Bye Chocolate

So I did it, well, I made the decision to do it anyway.  I decided to give up chocolate for Lent (with the two aforementioned exceptions--see my previous blog if this does not ring any bells).  I was successful on day 1.  I got rid of most of the chocolate in my house minus the candy bowl, which I have successfully avoided.  Someone even offered me a chocolate covered marshmallow on Wednesday and I politely told her that it looked delicious and I would love one, but I gave up chocolate for lent.  She was very kind about it.  Of course the day before Lent, was just awful.  My awesome fiancé knew I was going to try to give up chocolate for Lent and I wanted one last hurrah so he went to Mrs. Fields and bought cookie cups.  Yum!  Additionally, I "might" have consumed some eggless chocolate chip cookie dough Tuesday night.  We do have the food tasting on Sunday so that may be 1 of my two cheats, but given that I'm not a HUGE fan of chocolate cake (I prefer white cake), I may not even end up cheating.  If things actually go well between now and Easter, I wonder if I can finally successfully cut back on my sweet treats on a more regular basis--or at least until the wedding ha ha.     

No comments: