Thursday, March 6, 2014

To Chocolate or Not Chocolate?

So once again I am considering giving up chocolate for Lent.  I eat a lot of sweets, like too many.  I have a bad sweet tooth.  I was fairly successful last year, more successful than any previous years.  I did allow myself three cheats (I know, I know, that's not really successful if you cheat three times, but someone told me you can cheat on Sundays so if that's true, I only cheated once).  But give me some credit, I passed up chocolate on Valentine's Day last year.  And I work at a place where there is a lot of chocolate on Valentine's Day.  The cheats were:  food tasting (on a Sunday), a wedding, and my annual St. Patrick's Day party (Sunday).  We have our wedding food tasting on Sunday and I'm hosting my St. Pat's party the following weekend so I thought well, maybe I could just give up chocolate for the second half of lent.  That's better than nothing, right?  Then I thought, why not just do like last year and allow myself my same cheats (no wedding this year, but I do have one dinner event that will likely include chocolate desserts, maybe I can get some willpower for that and only cheat twice).  So by the time you read this, I should have made my decision, but I actually wrote this blog ahead of time even though it won't post until after Lent has begun.  To be on the safe side, I have removed most chocolate from my house.  There are a few Hershey Kisses lying around that someone gave me for Christmas, but I think I'll be safe around those.  If they were chocolate chip cookies or brownies, we might have a problem on our hands.  :-) 

No comments: