Tuesday, August 7, 2012

5 Cutesy Engagement-Related Things

So we finally told most of the people we thought we wanted/needed to tell (of course later on we realized, oops we didn't tell so and so here and there, but eventually we got there via e-mails, phone calls, text messages, etc).  There were a few people I really wanted to tell in person, but trying to get us all together in the near future never worked so I ended up telling them in e-mails instead.  I never did end up posting it on Facebook (but my mom did), but did it the old-fashioned way, though it's hard to say e-mail and text messaging are old-fashioned since they weren't around when I was a kid.  How times have changed!  So here are just a few cute things that happened in our early engagement days

1.  I got four of the same engagement card (two in the same day).  Unknowingly, two of my friends who are very close friends with each other sent me the same card.  My aunt and grandmother sent me the same card (and though they are mentally close, physically they live at opposite ends of the country so it was pretty funny)

2.  Two of my former colleages came over for dinner one night and when I went to tell them I said I have two pieces of news for you.  After they found out I was engaged (one guessed so I didn't even really get to tell her), one of them said, "Wait, you said two things, are you--"
"No, I'm not pregnant," I yelled!  My other piece of news was work related, but the way I said it, I guess got them thinking hee hee

3.  One of my friends cried (fear not, they were happy tears)

4.  Only a couple of people said, "It's about time!"

5. Having a celebratory engagement drink with two friends  4 months after I got engaged because that was the first time we could all get together (talk about crazy schedules!)

No comments: