Monday, August 27, 2012

You Want Me to do WHAT at The Blue Lagoon

So as you probably figured out from a previous blog, I recently went to Iceland (kind of random, huh? but a great time!).  Anyway, getting to Iceland was a bit of an annoyance as we were delayed by weather and "bathroom problems" on a plane.  I can safely say that's the first time I've ever been delayed due to "bathroom problems. (look back two blogs if you're confused by what I mean)." Anyway, we finally got there, a few hours late, but we got there.  And it took some doing to find our bus, but we (I went with a friend from work) eventually found the right bus and headed to the Blue Lagoon.  The Blue Lagoon is great, but you have to shower before you go in.  That's fine and all, but I'm an American of Irish descent (translation:  I don't do public nudity, I don't know if that's really true for Irish people, but I heard once from an Irish person, that they aren't big on naked).  If you expect me to get naked in front of all these people, NO, it's not gonna happen.  After some searching, I was able to find single showers that had doors on them (thank goodness).  I read on-line that you can tell who the American tourists are because they're all hiding behind towels or looking for the non-group showers.  Anyway, funnily enough the lifeguards at the Blue Lagoon are anything, but naked. They are dressed in pants, big coats, and sometimes hats and gloves (it's a bit chilly), nothing like our lifeguards back home.  Long story short, the Blue Lagoon was nice.  The water is WARM, but the 20 seconds it taks you to get your towel and walk from the water back inside is COLD.  I can't imagine doing that in the winter, but people do it.  Okay, that's all for now, but you can be sure there'll be more Iceland posts coming soon.       

No comments: