Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dish 5

It's back to desserts.  So for Christmas, someone gave me a jar of dry ingredients for oatmeal scotchies.  Basically, you mix the dry ingredients with eggs, butter, etc, grease the pan, fill the pan, bake, cool, and enjoy.  I don't usually keep oats in the house so I never really make anything that involves oats.  I'm not a huge fan (though I did quite like oatmeal as a kid, I've never really liked oatmeal raisin cookies and I don't even put oats in my "famous" peanut butter fingers), but these were actually quite good.  Maybe I've gained a new tolerance for oats.  Anyway, the jar had been sitting in the cabinet for a while so I wanted to make them before they went bad (I'm not sure how long jars of dry ingredients last for, but certainly not forever, right?).  A friend of mine was hosting a game night so I decided I'd make these that way I could take care of a dessert AND a new dish (AND of course a blog :-)).  I am proud to report that they were mostly a hit.  I believe all but one person liked them.  Of course we were all starving when we got there since we were ordering out for food so anything may have tasted good at that point, but people did continue to munch on them after dinner a bit too.  And one of my friends flat out told me she liked them.  Success! 

No comments: