Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I really want to like you, but I just can't

Side Note:  There are more Iceland posts coming, I just want to post pics with them so I need to get my pics all uploaded, etc.  I took over 500, oops.

A week after we looked at the first wedding venue, we looked at two more. Talk about differences.  The first place we looked at, we LOVED.  The place was gorgeous, the man we met with was wonderful, and well, the only thing we didn't like was the price, it was so far the most expensive place on our list.  We were there for over an hour just chatting with him about the place, weddings, etc.  We feared we'd be late to look at the next venue (and we feared we'd take so long there that my fiance would be late for work, yikes!).  I REALLY wanted to like the next venue because the price was great and so was the location, but I was just not impressed.  We showed up, the woman asked, "How many people are you thinking" and lead us to a room.  She said, "Here's the room, here's the room with the lights on" (after putting on the lights), "Do you have any questions?"  I asked two or three questions and then she took us back to the office, gave us a folder, asked if we had any questions.  She didn't go over anything with us.  I mean I guess she can get points for not being pushy, but please, tell me a little bit about the place, go over options with me.  I asked two questions and I think my fiance asked one or two as well.  We asked if they locked in the prices when you booked (one place we looked at did and the other place wouldn't lock them in, but would put a cap on how high they would go).  Someone else who worked there was around and said, "No, but if you look around our prices are very reasonable..." blah blah blah in a snooty voice.  Lady, I didn't say your prices were unreasonable, I just wanted to know if you capped them or not.  Anyway, we were only there for a grand total of 15 minutes and needless to say, this venue (that I REALLY wanted to like) did not make our top four list.  :-(

No comments: