Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dish 6

Dish 6 was also a dessert and it came as a result of some last minute plans.  My fiance told me between 9:00 and 10:00 on a recent Thursday night that he had invited his friend and his friend's wife to come over the following night.  WHAT?!  I had a ton of things to do that Friday including errands, painting (that will likely appear in a future blog), grocery shopping, etc, clean the house, and now I had to cook a nice dinner.  UGH!  Before I could freak out, he told me he'd told his friend we'd order pizza or something.  Oh, okay, that I could deal with.  So I got up early (well, not that early, but early for me on a day off, it was just after 8:00), painted (which of course took longer than I thought it would), ran some errands (which also took longer than I thought), and before I went to the gym and ran the last couple of errands, I remembered, shoot, this particular friend of my fiance's enjoys my baking and will prbably expect a baked treat so some googling (which also took longer than I thought to find a good treat) produced a "Rich Cheesecake Bars" recipe.  I had all six required ingredients. 
So after errands and the gym, I quickly made the bars, then showered, changed, etc while they were baking and as lucky timing would have it, I was good to go when the timer went off.  They were delicious!  I liked them as did my fiance's friend. The next day we also had company for a little while and I offered them some "Rich Cheesecake Bars" and they liked them too.  Success!  I would gladly make these again.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture.  If I ever make them again, I will take a picture and include it in a future blog.

No comments: