Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cars, Planes, and Desserts a.k.a. A Mishmash of Stuff

There is no real theme to this blog, it's just random things I've contemplated blogging about, but didn't have enough to say for a whole blog so hang in there for a few minutes...

1.  I made those chocolate crunch brownies again for a group of friends and they were a hit.  I think I may have found a new favorite dessert.

2.  I recently went to Iceland and my flight was delayed on the runway because someone wouldn't get out of the bathroom.  (I kid you not, I could not make this stuff up, the pilot actually got on the intercom and said we couldn't take off because someone was in the bathroom).  Then it remained delayed because someone had to clean the bathroom and take care of some paperwork, but the captain didn't feel like elaborating.  Um, was someone sick?  If so, my sympathies, but if someone was drunk or being stupid, what the heck?  Did you really feel the need to delay our all ready delayed flight?   

3.  Waiting until four days before a bridal shower to buy a gift is NOT a good idea.  My poor friend is receiving such a mismatch of stuff from me. 

4.  A car at the gym today took up THREE spaces.  Um, my parking is certainly not perfect (and please never ask me to parallel park), but I'm pretty sure taking up THREE spaces is a little rude. 

5.  I like Halloween as much as the next person, but I was a little disturbed to see Halloween decorations out in full force in MID AUGUST.  It seems a tad early. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

We went to Costco tonight. As soon as we walked in they had Halloween candy and costumes. We walked a little further back and there were rows of Christmas items. Totally disgusting.

I hope you're going to be blogging about going to Iceland. I want 2.6 million pictures.