Friday, July 22, 2016

Day 12 A Little Bit of Culture

Day 12 we had another full day of class.  After class, I had dinner at home and shortly thereafter headed into town to see "Waiting for Godot."  I didn't know a whole lot about the play, but a girl in my class was ordering tickets and since the author of the play is from Ireland it sparked my interest. Usually I go see musicals or happy plays so this wasn't my usual choice, but I enjoyed it.  It was performed by a famous theatre company in Ireland, the Druid, so I was also interested in seeing the theatre--it's tiny--since I'd heard about it and the company on my tour of Galway.  Anyway, I enjoyed the play.  There were some funny parts and some dark parts and I'm sure there is much one could discuss about it, but now is not the time.  Then it was back home to bed.  Yay for getting cultured.

No comments: