Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 17 Sightseeing in Dublin

Saturday (day 17) was a day filled with sightseeing.  The four of us had tickets for the hop on hop off bus, but unfortunately, I had tickets for a different bus than the other girls.  Jen and Kristin were coming in for the day and they had tickets for my bus.  Who knew there were so many hop on hop off buses?  Clearly, not me.  I believe there are three different companies in Dublin, a red one, a yellow one, and a green one.  Anyway, we got on our buses and met up at the Guinness Factory (ran into four other people from our program too).  I am not a beer fan, but I did drink my included Guinness.  The views from the bar were gorgeous since the sun was out again.  Then we took the bus over to the Jameson stop.  Had lunch in that area and then did the Jameson tour.  Unlike Guinness, that one had a guide.  She was good.  It was about a half hour long and although I do not like Whiskey, the mixed Whiskey drink we had at the end of the tour was decent--better than the mini shot of whiskey we had earlier in the tour. We were supposed to go to the famous jail afterwards.  Unfortunately, we didn't time it too well with the bus so I didn't make it on time.  Nor did Jen and Kristin, but we did at least see the whole loop of the hop on hop off bus.  I got a few good pics and a few not so good--darn traffic.  Margaret, Jen, and Aimee made it to the jail so they shared pictures with me and recommended going there if I get the chance to go back to Dublin--I'm all ready trying to convince my husband that we need to come back to Europe.  I think he would like Ireland.  Then it was back to the hotel for a bit.  I wrote out the rest of my postcards and when I went downstairs to mail then Margaret, Jen, and Aimee were coming back and Margaret asked if I wanted to go see the musical, "Once" at 8--it was after 7.  I think that was the fastest I ever got ready.  I spent more time waiting for the elevator than changing and gathering up my stuff.  Anyway, we went to the show.  It was really good.  I could have done without the couple in front of me being all over each other and me having to keep shifting positions in my seat to see around them, but such is life.  Ran into two people from my class there.  A woman in front of me asked, "Do you know those people?  They keep waving to you."  I said, "No, I don't know anyone here" and it turned out I was wrong. They did the same thing we did--last minute tickets--oh, and I did finally wave back. :-)  After the show we were starving (it was after 10) so we stopped at a random restaurant on the way back to the hotel for dinner.









         

No comments: