Monday, July 25, 2016

Day 15 Rain Rain Go Away and Some Fabulous Dancing

After class, a group of us headed to a part of Galway called Salt Hill to explore the area.  We were going to see something called "Trad on the Prom" with our class later that night so we figured we'd go down early and explore.  We took a taxi down there and as we got out of the car it began to POUR.  So much for exploring.  Instead we popped into the pub at the hotel where we were seeing the show later and had a drink.  After that, we hoped the rain would be lighter and went out to kick the wall.  There is a famous wall that you are supposed to kick for good luck so kick it we did.  This is not to be confused with the wall we kicked earlier in the trip that we mistakenly thought was the kicking wall and kicked for no reason.  We wanted to ride the ferris wheel, but the rain was picking up so it was off to dinner and drinks. A few more friends joined us and we had a nice meal and drinks.  After that, we were going to try the ferris wheel, but it was pouring again so we just headed to the hotel to wait for the show to start.  OMG  It was amazing.  I loved it.  It was Irish music and Irish dancing.  I thought it was just going to be some small thing, but there were world famous dancers/singers.  And some of the guys were handsome.   (Hey, I can't help it if they're cute, I'm still a happily married woman, but I can't help it if someone is nice to look at lol)   The dancing and music were great.  You are not allowed to take pictures during the show so I have nothing to show, but if you ever find yourself in Galway, go see Trad on the Prom.  Then came the big decision:  stay out and drink or go home and sleep.  I wanted to stay out, but I knew I had an early wake up call for a train to Dublin the next day so I chose to go home and finish packing for our free weekend. We had a whole three days off from class.  I heard they had a good night out, but didn't get back 'til the wee hours of the morning.








No comments: