Thursday, July 14, 2016

Day 7 The Tide Is Coming (And so is the rain)

On day 7, we went to Omey Island.  You have to be careful about when you access this island because during high tide you can't comfortably get there--I guess you could swim.  So our guide kept telling us to hurry up so we didn't get stuck.  "The tide waits for no one," he kept saying.  We toured around the island, got some nice pictures, saw some ruins, learned about some archaeology, saw an old skull.  The island was cool--literally and figuratively.  It was WINDY.  After touring the island--we made it back before the tide, we went to Clifden for lunch and a treat.  In case you were wondering, I had a fish sandwich for lunch and a banoffee pie for my treat.  Actually, I had the pie much later.  Then it was off to Kylemore Abbey, which was beautiful to see, but since it was POURING we were not able to enjoy what I've heard are absolutely lovely gardens.   Then it was back home.





No comments: