Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Day 6 School and Step Dancing

I could pretty much sum up today with two things:  school and step dancing.  See aren't you lucky you get a nice short post today. We spent the morning visiting a secondary school.  I very much enjoyed the visit and learned a lot about education in Ireland.  (We also saw a book that our tour guide from Saturday wrote.)  Then we went back to campus for a late lunch and lectures.  Following that, it was back to the dorm for a little while.  For dinner, I went upstairs to Kristin, Jen, and Susan's apartment for a nice dinner (picture one).  I brought the salad and they made tortellini with sauce, and garlic bread.  I felt like such a slacker for not bringing a dessert.  :-p  Later that night, we went to Monroe's (a pub in town) to watch some Irish step dancing.  On the way, we got a kick out of the sign (below).  It's probably not something to joke about as I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt by a river, but it was one of those you had to be there moments and it was just funny so forgive me for not being PC.  The step-dancing was cool to see.  A couple of people in my class even got up and danced.  A brief stop at McDonald's (no food for me), but I did peek at a local paper--yep, leave it to me to try to get cultured at McDonald's and I tried a bite of Susan's blizzard.  (I think it was Twix.)  Then home to bed.  Oh, the last picture is for all of you New Hampshire people.  I'm not sure if you can see it or not, but there is a plaque from the NH Police Association Pipe and Drum group by the bar at Monroe's so I "had" to take a picture.  Yay New Hampshire!  


No comments: