Thursday, July 28, 2016

Day 18 Home and Homework

Day 18, we had breakfast at the hotel and soon afterwards headed to the train station to catch our 11:30 train back to Galway.  Several people from the program were on our same train and when we walked from the train station to the main part of town we ran into Maura.  She was heading back to the dorm so I walked back with her.  She insisted on carrying my bag for part of the walk because she said I needed a break.  I tried to argue with her, but she wouldn't hear of it.  So got back, went to the grocery store, put groceries away, went to the bakery--nothing good left as it was late in the day so the bakery was a bit of a wasted trip, but it give me some exercise I guess, then back to unpack and type in the edits to my paper.  Went out to the Pie Maker for dinner with Jen, Maura, and Kristin that night.  The pie I really wanted (eggplant) was all gone so I had another one that was pretty good, but I forget what kind it was.  It was some sort of vegetarian.  We got dessert pies to go and enjoyed those in Jen's apartment later on.  Then we all worked on citations for our paper--been a long time since I've had to write a bibliography.  A later than intended night meant getting up at 6:30 the next day was not easy.  There is a pic of me on the train with Aimee.  I am trying to get better at selfies because there will be times this trip--like when I go to the castle from Downton Abbey where there will be no one to take pictures with/for me so I need to brush up on this skill or be willing to ask for assistance.  Aimee tried to give me selfie tutorials all weekend.  The other picture is the pie.  All for now, cheers!

No comments: