Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 5: 4th of July Irish Style

The program eased us in on Thursday and Friday as well as with Saturday's walking tour, but Monday it was full speed ahead with class.  So while many of you were enjoying your 4th of July, I was in class learning and taking notes.  We had a full day of instruction.  I enjoyed most of it though.  It was really interesting stuff.  It's nice to go to class and like it because we all know that's not always the case in life.  So we finished class between 4 and 5 and the bar on campus was throwing a 4th of July party for us and another group of Americans (translation:  free diner and three free drinks).  I'm not one to pass up free food.  So our class went down and enjoyed some drinks and good food (there were your typical bbq meats--I had chicken--as well as salad, potatoes, corn, falafel--check my spelling on that one, coleslaw, pasta salad, (and maybe potato salad too?  now I forget) and ice-cream for dessert.  (Am I making you hungry?).   They even decorated the bar with red, white, and blue.  It was so sweet of them to do that for us.  Hope you had a good 4th.  My Irish 4th wasn't bad.  :-)


No comments: