Monday, July 19, 2010

A lot of people have been complaining about the heat lately. As I complain a lot, you'd think I'd be one of them and okay, I confess, I have found quite a few reasons to get out of the house so I can be in my air-conditioned car and run errands in air-conditioned places, but honestly, I'm not going to complain (too much) about this weather. I absolutely HATE the cold weather--ironic considering I live in a place that gets pretty cold in the winter. I don't like driving in the snow, I don't like shoveling, and I absolutely cannot stand being cold and I get cold quite easily. By January 15th, I am ready for winter to be over. In fact a winter with little snow and minimal cold days would be like a dream come true. When I retire, I may have to be one of those peole that lives half the year in New England and half the year in Florida or (insert other warm place here). So anytime I start to get annoyed with the heat, I just remember it could be worse, it could be January. Now when it's time to go back to working full time and it's 100 degrees in my room I might be singing a different tune, but for now, bring on the heat. Heat makes me think of summer and summer=swimming in the pool, ice-cream, the beach, vacations, only working part time, sleeping late, weekend trips, and not being cold. :-) And besides after the rainy, not overly hot summer we had last year, I'll gladly take this weather.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

A rainy, not overly hot summer sounds like heaven on earth.

Your aversion to the cold is exactly why you should come to visit me in January......when it's 70 degrees and livable and I don't have to worry about your hydration all the time.