Thursday, July 29, 2010

Please Flush...Can I Get Paid for That?

Where I work, we are supposed to serve on a committee. This year I chose to be on one committee, which was enjoyable, though stressful at times and I was "voluntold" (don't you love that word? My friend Chris taught it to me) to be on another one (I'll spare you my feelings on that one). Okay so the other day at summer school, I had to go the bathroom so I went and I noticed there was a sign above the toilet that said to please flush with a little note (forget what the rest of the note said, but it's not that important right now) but get this, the note was signed

"Thank you,
The Flush Committee"

What does a Flush Committee do? Can I be on that committee? My job doesn't have one of those, but maybe we should start one. Do you just go around and flush toilets? Do you do it daily? Several times a day? Once in a while? Or do you just make signs reminding people to flush. Is it stressful? Do you get a stipend for that committee like you do for other committees? I'm intrigued. Although it might be disgusting if you have to check gross toilets, but it might be a low-stress gig as there are other people who work in the district that would actually fix the broken/gross toilets. What do you think the time committments are? Okay, and yes, I know it's probably appalling that I just blogged about toilets, but come on, have you ever heard of a Flush Committee? Aren't you secretly curious about what they do too?

No comments: