Monday, July 19, 2010

My Arizona Top 20 List

Since 1999 my friend Natalie has been telling me I should come visit her in Arizona and I've not been a very good friend as I never went. I wanted to visit and some friends and I even discussed going once, but it didn't happen (well, actually, one of my friends went, but I didn't). So this year when I went to visit my brother in Colorado and found out it was only $59 to fly two hours from Denver to Phoenix I asked Natalie if she'd like me to finally come visit. She kindly said YES!





Disclaimer: The list below isn't necessarily in an accurate order. It's hard to say which event I liked more than another, but to put it simply I had a great time


20. Tom Mix Monument (see a previous blog)




19. Listening to Natalie's Special CD (a CD my friend Megan made for Natalie years ago to remember her visit to New England that we enjoyed listening to while in Arizona)





18. Grocery Store Tour (we visited several grocery stores)




17. Food Rocks (a museum we went to had rocks that looked like food)



16. Peeling potatoes (my contribution to the four course meal Natalie made)

15. Seeing Michael (Natalie, he did almost drop to a worse position due to his status as a Yankees fan, but if I want to be invited back, I need to be nice to him and he was my potato peeling pal)


14. The Capital Museum (a fun and educational part of my trip where I got some AZ history lessons; I'm a dork and enjoy that kind of stuff)


13. Arizona Vegetation (and of course posing with it, and posing Sheila Laguna with it)


12. Fun Times at the Science Center




11. The joy of Eegee's (a restaurant Natalie said I must try that had great sandwiches, fries, and slushees--is that the correct spelling of slushees?) A shout out to Natalie's parents for that


10. The Native American Ruins



9. Arizona Ornament (and the process of finding one; thank you to Nick for that!)


8. Making an appearance in Natalie's Blog


7. Midnight Packing (Natalie and Michael were packing for an upcoming trip at midnight one night, I attempted to help and be social)


6. Saturday night in Tuscon (minus not feeling well at the beginning of the evening, my own darn fault; we went out to dinner and then drinks saw some cougars and cowboys and had some good conversation and laughs, and of course meeting Natalie's friend, family, and Ginger)


5. Sabino Canyon (minus the fear of mountain lions)



4. Finally meeting Spencer (and being included in is inner circle of cool people)



3. Natalie's Four Course Dinner (even though I couldn't move afterwards due to a food coma)



2. Beat the Heat and Drink lots of Water. (a bit of an inside joke)



1. Good times with Natalie and finally making it to Arizona (it only took me 11 years)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Only the greatest top 20 list and blog post of all time. The only thing I would change is that Michael would be #42 on your top 20. Oh, and I don't think you mentioned the 4 sticks of butter that went into the dinner that was consumed by 6 people.

Cat said...

Poor Michael. Should I put him above or below the butter?