Friday, July 16, 2010

Tea Time

I've never been a tea drinker. Last summer I spent two weeks in England visiting a friend and she and her family tried very hard to convert me to tea, but they had no luck (I drank two cups while there, but I just couldn't get into it). It's not their fault, I just don't like hot drinks, aside from the occassional hot chocolate after a day of shoveling. Thus when my brother suggested we go to a tea factory in Boulder, I wasn't exactly looking forward to it, but the man was being such a good host and putting up with me, I couldn't complain (too much) right? Well, I still don't like tea, but I tried some cold teas (it wasn't techincally iced tea, but I'm not sure of the official name) and enjoyed those so maybe there's hope for me yet. The tour was cool too, aside from the funny hair nets and beard nets. Have you ever seen a beard net? My brother had to wear one, but I didn't get a picture of it. It's amusing. It's this white mesh thing that you put over your beard so hair doesn't fall out of it into any of the tea machines and thus the tea. It's kind of like a modified hair net. I was really hoping he'd keep it and wear it out that night lol. They also have a mint room. If you need to clear your sinuses go to Boulder, CO right now and stand in the mint room at the Celestial Seasonings Tea room. I lasted about 5 seconds in that room, because I apparently have a low tolerance for overpowering minty smells, but I swear it'll clear your sinuses. And have a cup of tea too (unless like me, you just can't get into the whole tea thing).

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Michael was never, ever, in his whole life a hot drink drinker. He couldn't stand them. Then we went to England, in January, for our honeymoon. It was so dang cold that he started drinking hot tea and hot coffee. He is now an official, card-carrying hot drink drinker. Maybe you should visit England in the bitter cold.