Friday, July 16, 2010

Revolving Thoughts on Football




I don't like football or beer. In fact I'd go so far as to say I strongly dislike them so it's ironic that my first full day in Colorado involved football and beer and yet, I had a great time. I'll support the Patriots, Go Pats! I've even watched a few games from various people's couches. There is a miniscule part of me that would be willing to go to a Pats game early in the season (before it's FREEZING, I refuse to sit outside on a cold winter day and watch a football game) so I can say I've been to a game. I even have a cheesy pink Patriots t-shirt and earrings for those days at work when everyone wears their Pats stuff to show support for the team and for Superbowl parties. And yes, even though I don't like football, I always happily attend a Superbowl party every year (and watch most of the game lol). But truth be told I just don't like football. There's no real good reason, I'd just rather watch baseball or hockey. People don't understand how I prefer baseball to football, but hey, I've never claimed to be normal. As for beer, yeah, I just don't like it. So on my first day in Colorado, my brother took me to Invesco Field (I hope I got the name right), which in case there are any other non-football people out there, is where the Denver Broncos play football. He has season tickets this year so we got a private mini tour of the stadium and we even got to go on the field (well, we weren't really supposed to touch the grass, but we got to go really really close to it). I quite enjoyed the tour. Our tour guide was a riot, loved her. Following the tour, we went to the Corrs Brewery. Despite not liking beer, the tour was pretty good and I forced myself to try beer (still don't like it, but I tried new things). And just when you thought the day couldn't get any stranger, later that day my brother and I went shopping on some famous place to go shopping in Denver and the only things I bought were postcards. The girl who loves to shop, skimped out big time on shopping. My brother was a bit worried about me. What's happening to me? Still enjoyed browsing the shops though so maybe we don't need to worry yet. We ended the day with something I enjoy: sushi! And I finally branched out and tried some new flavors. So don't expect me to start watching football games or drinking beer any time soon, but it was still a pretty good day despite the football and beer. :)





1 comment:

jess said...

i would rather watch a baseball game on tv than go to a football game.
okay... maybe that's not true... but kinda! at any rate i'm saying i know what you mean about liking baseball better than football. but i'll root for the pats when there's nothing better to do :)
also beer? seriously, it's so sick.