Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pleasant Departures from NH to CO

I recently decided that I am a huge fan of Manchester Airport (or as it's now known Manchester Boston Regional Airport, which I think is silly because really we have a Boston airport so it should just stay Manchester airport, if I want to go to Boston, I'll go to Boston, I'm not sure why they felt the need to lengthen the name, but now I'm babbling...) and flying in the afternoon instead of at the crack of dawn or on the red eye. Can we say run-on sentence? My English professors would not be proud. So normally when I fly, it's an early flight or the dreaded red eye. I'm always exhausted after taking the red eye because try as I may, I cannot seem to sleep on a plane. I have no trouble sleeping in a car if I'm tired and someone else is driving, but for some reason, even when exhausted, I just normally can't fall asleep on a plane. So when I went to Colorado I got to take an afternoon flight out of Manchester. It meant I could sleep late, not stress about last minute packing at 6:00am (instead I could stress about last minute packing at 11 am lol) go out to breakfast with my mom (what a nice mom I have) in the middle of nowhere, (it was delicious, but the place we went was really in the middle of nowhere), and get info about buying a condo--yes, random, but true. The airport is so close and the people were so nice. The security officer even had a nice little chat with me about my birth date and the fact that it is so close to Thanksgiving (perhaps because the line was so short). The flight left on time and got in early. Now perhaps all of these things were just flukes, but it made me a MHT fan. Unfortunately, my connecting flight was 45 minutes late leaving, but such is life. However, my darling brother was patientlywaiting for me in Colorado and took me out for drinks and pizza--nothing like dinner at 10:30pm! More on Colorado in future blogs...

On an unrelated note, for those of you wondering, my paper is finished, but my printer is out of ink so I need to get ink this weekend so I can print it and be officially done!

Finally, Jess, this is for you:

We will blog away

Good, bad, silly things we say

On our blog each day



Yeah, that needs some work, but there's my blog haiku for you. Have a fabulous day everyone!

1 comment:

jess said...

Love the haiku! Also, people who can sleep on a plane fascinate me. It's loud (even the air is loud!) cramped and that weird flying feeling all combined = no sleep for me! Actually I can sleep but it's usually for about 10 minutes. Then something wakes me up... either it's the odd angle of my neck, a little kid kicking my seat, or Robert waking me up to ask if I want peanuts... JUST TELL HER I WANT THEM AND SAVE THEM FOR WHEN I WAKE UP :)
He's just trying to be nice... but really... sigh.