Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Procrastination

It's amazing how good I've become at procrastinating lately. I'm taking a graduate course so I can get a Masters plus 15 (translation: when I'm done with the course, if all goes well and I pass it, I can get a slight pay raise because I'll have 15 credits beyond my Masters degree). You'd think I'd want to be done and enjoy the rest of summer so it's not hanging over my head right? Or at least the extra 5 cents I'll make would motivate me, but unfortunately, I seem to still be slacking. I put "finish paper" on my to do list, but sadly, everything else on the to do list gets checked off and the paper remains incomplete. I even forced myself to rake in this 90 degree weather the other day (don't housesit for family without a.c. in 90 degree weather). I ran all my errands, prepped stuff for summer school, did laundry, and did some packing. Then I decided now was as good a time as any to finish watching last two episodes of "Gilmore Girls." (I'm a dork, I know, but I've been working on the series for a couple of years here and there). So I finally put the computer on and did I finish the paper? No! I did do some more work on it, but instead I felt the need to check my e-mail (both accounts), play Scrabble on facebook, read some of my friend's facebook pages and leave comments, look up flights on Southwest (as if I can afford to fly anywhere any time soon!), and read and commment on my friend's blog. The thing is I started this paper ages ago! It has several parts to it and I started the first part back in May when I started taking the course. And am I working on it now? Of course not, I'm pretending I know how to blog. So perhaps I'll go finish the paper now...or perhaps I'll go in the pool until it's time for Zumba...

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I appreciate you commenting on my blog and it's not like I want you to stop, but, finish your paper. That's a direct order. Do you respond to direct orders, or, like me, do they mean nothing to you?