Sunday, July 15, 2012

A $2000 Storage Unit and An $11 Necklace

Day 4 in VA, the whole crew except for Grammy went to Chincoteague Island.  It was a cute place.  We went for a walk, saw a lighthouse, played minigolf (in 100 degree weather, b/c I'm smart like that), shopped, saw ponies, etc.  My 11-year-old cousin rode out with my fiance (at the risk of sounding like an idiot, did I spell fiane correctly, I know it's supposed to have that little accent mark above the e that I can't seem to do, but is it 1 e or 2 e's?) and me.  They both like that show, I believe it's called, Storage Wars.  Every time went by a storage place, my cousin suggested that my fiance should go get $2000 (not sure how he came up with this amount) and they should go buy a storage unit and try to be on Storage Wars.  Then he said he should get $4000 instead. I tried to point out to my cousin that my fiance didn't have an extra $2000-$4000 lying around and that we should be saving $ for our wedding.  He just didn't get why I would rather spend $ on a wedding than on a storage unit lol.  Later in the week, I went downtown with my uncle, my fiance, and two of my cousins.  My six-year-old cousin asked me if I had $11.  I told him I wasn't sure and asked why.  He said he wanted to buy a necklace.  I said, "Oh, am I buying it for you?  Is that why you need to know about the $11? " His clever response, "No,  you can just give me $11 and I can buy it."   Needless to say, we had a few laughs that week.

No comments: