Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Ocean, Hamburgers, and Cars

If you know me well, you're probably thinking, okay all the three things listed in the title, I know Cat likes one of them, but what's the deal with the burgers and cars? 
My first full day in VA Mike and, I visited our friend Matt and his girlfiend.  We spent a few hours at the beach and then went out to dinner.  At dinner, I tried funnel cake fries (first time ever having any form of funnel cake) and it was quite good especially with strawberry sauce.  Vacation tends to be one of the few spots where I try new foods.  In Belize a few years ago, I tried a new food every day (perhaps that can be a future blog when I'm having blogger's block--the equivalent of writer's block, but involving the blog).  A few other random things of note from that day:  strawberry lemonade (the kind you have to be 21 to drink) is surprisingly good and a nice summer treat.  Avocado is good on a sandwich.  VA ocean water is much warmer than the ocean around here.  It's quite odd really to step into the ocean and not be cold.  Four pound hamburgers exist.  I would never eat one, but at this restaurant we went to, if you were brave enough to try and more importantly successful enough to actually eat a four pound burger and chili cheese fries you got your picture and name posted, a gift card, and I forget what else.  Matt actually contemplated doing this, but passed.  Finally, what is the deal with boys and cars?  I just don't get it, probably in the same way they don't get girls and shoes or girls and purses, but all the car talk that boys did on Sunday, I just didn't get it.  I mean I guess I'll agree that it is cool that you can just tell your car to call someone and it does, but the whole big tires, lower or don't lower your car, put stripes on your car or not, extra speakers or not, etc, etc, I just don't get it.  As long as my car gets me safely from point A to point B, I'm happy.  Of couse, had I not had so many car problems in life, maybe I'd be interested in making my car cool, but in the mean time I'll stick with shoes and purses.  :) 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Avocado on a sandwich is my favorite. That and bacon!

Have you ever been swimming in the Pacific? I'm sure up by Seattle and Alaska it's different, but the pacific in California and Hawaii is very warm. Well, not bath tub warm, but compared to the Atlantic it's warm.