Wednesday, July 18, 2012

52 Dishes in 52 Weeks

In my last blog, I mentioned something about a cooking/baking goal. So you may remember, a while back, I decided to try to cook/bake one new thing a week for the rest of the calendar year. I did pretty well, but I think it was only for a couple of months, as it was either summer or fall when I started. So my new goal is to try to make a new dish, be it a breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, dessert, appetizer, whatever every week. I think because I have more free time at this time of year (I only work part time in the summer) I get these moments of domestication and want to try to make new things. In September, when work is crazy, I may regret this goal, but for now, I'm giving it a try. Now, let's be perfectly honest here, there will be some weeks when I do NOT make anything new. I usually travel for 2 weeks during the year (not necessarily in a row) and there are a couple of weeks at work that get crazy where I feel like I'm barely home long enough to make a simple sandwhich let alone cook a new meal so to make up for that I may make two new things some weeks to make up for the weeks I don't make one new thing. So hopefully, by this time next year, I will have made 52 new dishes. I started last week (the week of July 8th) and my first new dish was chocolate crunchy brownies. It's kind of like brownies meets Rice Krispie treats. The bottom is a brownie (home made of course), then you put fluff on top, then you melt chocolate chips and peanut butter, mix in the Rice Krispies and put that all on top of the marshmallow. Chill in fridge and then enjoy. I got the recipe years ago from my stepgrandmother, but had never made it. My friend had me over for dinner last week and she (and her 3-year-old son) enjoyed them. We left a few for her husband who was at work so I hope he enjoyed them too. I may be biased, but I liked them too. Next up: melt in your mouth chocolate cupcakes.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Yay! I like this idea. You need to take pictures of all your creations so you can blog with a visual. Then I will pin them and you will become a world famous blogger via pinterest.