Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's Good to Have Goals

My father once told me it's good to have goals. I'm not sure this is quite what he had in mind, but nonetheless, I gave myself some "goals" for the summer. For once, I did not set goals to lose weight, clean out some room in my house, do work on another room, etc. Okay, well, maybe I did, I do want to clean out the guest room, paint the baseboards in one of the bathrooms, and lose some pounds, but I also set some fun goals for the summer. During July and August, I only work part time so I have time to do fun things and to relax. I figure since I work hard the rest of the year (at the regular job and two tutoring jobs) that I could slack off a bit. So my goals are to watch 20 movies and read 10 books in a ten week period. Silly, right? But that's the plan. I have tons of movies on my Netflix list so I figure I can probably watch two a week. And 10 books should be doable if I do 1 a week. I started at the end of June and plan to go through the end of August. Plus I'm trying to save money.  Watching movies is cheap and I have a huge pile of books next to my bed to read so that's free.  So far I have read three and a half books and watched six movies. So I'm off to a good start. :) I also set a cooking/baking goal for myself, but you'll have to wait 'til tomorrow's blog (or whenever I next remember to write) to find out about that one.

No comments: