Sunday, July 8, 2012

You've Got Mail

I was sad to hear about the death or Nora Ephron.  I've enjoyed her movies (Sleepeless in Seattle, When Harry Met Sally, and You've Got Mail--more on that one in a minute).  I've also read two of her books and literally laughed out loud while reading parts of them.  After hearing about her passing, and seeing some clips of her and her movies on tv, I started thinking about, You've Got Mail.  Today if you asked me what my favorite movie is, I could honestly answer with "I don't know," because there are SO many movies that I like, but once upon a time it was "You've Got Mail."  I still like that movie, though it's been ages since I've seen it.  I can't pinpoint the exact reason.  I do like my chick flicks/romantic comedies/whatever you want to call them.  I also like Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks and the movie was funny so perhaps all those things combined to make it a favorite movie. So since I won't tell you a favorite movie, here are a few movies I've enjoyed that feature either Meg Ryan or Tom Hanks since I just mentioned them...
I.Q. (just a cute movie)
Forest Gump (such a good movie)
Philadelphia and Cast Away (wouldn't classify either as a favorite, but both were good movies)
When a Man Loves a Woman (tearjerker)
French Kiss (not a favorite, but cute nonetheless)
The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons (manily because I liked the books so I had to see the movies)
The Polar Express (enjoy watching this at Christmas time because I liked the book)
And gotta give a shout out to Toy Story
The Terminal (I remember that my friend had free passes to this movie and I didn't know a whole lot about it, but I went with her anyway and we got a kick out of it)
A League of Their Own (LOVED this movie when I was a kid, it was the first movie I saw more than once at the theater, the other two were Titanic and You've Got Mail).


No comments: