Monday, July 16, 2012

VA Wrap Up

I don't have a ton more to say about the VA trip.  We went to the fireworks in Cape Charles, VA on the 4th, spent a few hours in VA Beach the next day, and during the last full day in VA, we checked out Cape Charles and I also went to the beach (no splinters!) one last time.  So here's a brief list of a few memorable moments from the last half of the trip:

-Birthday dinner to celebrate Grammy's 80th birthday
-Playing Scrabble with my cousins and grandmother (lots of laughs!)
-My cousins trying to make up new words so they could get more points in Scrabble
-Peace and quiet on the beach
-Tons of mini crabs on the beach (just once, but it was quite a sight to see)
-The ginormous flounder sandwich at Stingrays Restaurant
-Watching the guys drive here, there, and everywhere to get Yuenglung (sp?) beer
-Lots of time to read
-Power outage
-The alarm system (you had to be there, but she--it had a female voice, was quite funny by the end of the trip)
-Koozies! 
-Beautiful sunsets
-Cribbage (and rummy)
-Trying to be British
-Silly beach ball games with the kids
-Vanilla milkshakes

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love that you blogged too much about your trip so the only thing you could do was make a list. Totally sounds like me.

Cat said...

Yep, I will have to do better with the next trip. :)