Friday, July 20, 2012

Beach, Babies, Brimfield, and Baseball

Yep, that sums up my last weekend (that and I like the alliteration going on there).
Beach=Friday I went to the beach, which was fun as it was a beach I had not been to before and the girls I went with and I always have a lot of laughs when we get together. (Also no splinters on this beach trip). I have to say though, there are some nasty bugs at this beach. I believe they are called greenheads or something like that so you basically have to cover yourself in poisonous chemicals to avoid being stung/bit/whatever by one. It's really a toss up, do you want the itchy (and I've heard painful) bites or the potentially toxic chemicals on your skin? Decisions, decisions.

Babies=Friday night was supposed to be a game night (not to be confused with Gay Night, when I told my grandmother I ocas host Game Nights she thought I said Gay Night and wanted to know what in the world one does on Gay Night, I guess you had to be there, but it was funny at the time)Anyway, a bunch of people couldn't make it, we ended up just hanging out, eating, chatting, and passing around my friend's baby. Babies continued at a cook-out on Saturday where not only did I see some friends I hadn't seen in ages, but I also met my friends' baby boy for the first time--he's a cutie. :)



Brimfield=Oh boy, what can I say about this. This was my first Brimfield experience. I guess the best way to describe it is picture a mile long stretch of antiques shop meets yard sale under a sea of tents. What I should have bought was more water-it was hot. Instead I purchased ice-cream, a lobster roll, and kettle corn (because one of my friends told me I must try it). Oh, yeah, I did buy some "antiques" too. I purchased a Christmas plate (I tend to host and attend holiday gatherings so why not have festive dishes for my festive desserts) and a decoration for the kitchen. I also saw some things I would enjoy if I were either a. rich and could afford them or b. had a big house with space to put them.

Baseball=Ironically, TWO people offered me tix to a baseball game Monday night. I originally turned them both down as I was supposed to go out with some friends, but my friends being kind, decent people told me they would not hate me forever if I went to the game (plus taking my fiance to the game=brownie points and you never know when you might need those) so I ended up going to a Sox game. Haven't been to one in a couple of years. We had sweet seats too. Oh, and the Sox finally won!


So that's the weekend of B's :) (oh yeah, speaking of B words, it was also a weekend of burns--just a little sunburn and bug bites--too many).

No comments: